World Travel Awards serves to acknowledge, reward and celebrate excellence across all sectors of the global travel and tourism industry.
This is the list of Iceland World Travel Awards Winners 2017
- Iceland’s Leading Boutique Hotel 2017 ION Luxury Adventure Hotel
- Iceland’s Leading Business Hotel 2017 Radisson Blu Saga Hotel,
- Reykjavik Iceland’s Leading Car Rental Company 2017 Hertz
- Iceland’s Leading Destination Management Company 2017 Iceland Travel
- Iceland’s Leading Helicopter Tour Operator 2017 Nordurflug Helicopter Tours
- Iceland’s Leading Hotel 2017 Hotel Borg
- Iceland’s Leading Hotel Residences 2017 Hotel Reykjavik Centrum
- Iceland’s Leading Resort 2017 Hotel Ranga Iceland’s
- Leading Serviced Apartments 2017 Reykjavik4you Apartments
World Travel Awards™ was established in 1993 to acknowledge, reward and celebrate excellence across all key sectors of the travel, tourism and hospitality industries. Today, the World Travel Awards™ brand is recognised globally as the ultimate hallmark of industry excellence. World Travel Awards™ celebrates its 24th anniversary year in 2017.
Its annual programme is renowned as the most prestigious and comprehensive in the global industry. Each year World Travel Awards™ covers the globe with its Grand Tour – a series of regional gala ceremonies to recognise excellence within each continent, culminating in a Grand Final at the end of the year.
World Travel Awards™ gala ceremonies are regarded as milestone events in the industry calendar, attended by the industry’s key decision makers and figure heads, as well as key trade and consumer media. The programme, its winners and its sponsors are represented globally on social media, with fresh daily content featured on six platforms and in 10 languages, including Mandarin, Russian, Spanish and Arabic.
In 2017, World Travel Awards™ Grand Tour features regional gala ceremonies in the Asia & Australasia (Shanghai, China), Europe (St. Petersburg, Russia), Middle East (Dubai), Africa & the Indian Ocean (Rwanda), North America & the Caribbean (Turks & Caicos) and Latin America (Riviera Maya, Mexico). Regional winners then compete head to head in in the corresponding world categories. The winners will be announced on the night of the World Travel Awards™ Grand Final in December 2017.